Electronic deal management has become an indispensable tool for proper work with incoming and outgoing financial documentation. In this article, we will analyze how Data Room keeps transactions safe and transparent.
Virtual Data Room – a secure repository for data during M&A deals
Merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions occupy an important place in the system of modern international economic relations. Analysis of M&A “failures” showed that they are mainly due to errors in the development of strategic plans, incorrect assessment of potential risks and synergies, and project implementation biases. Thus risk assessment via due diligence procedure is important.
Due diligence is a comprehensive audit of a company’s activities, including an assessment of the financial condition, market positions, as well as identification of risks: tax, financial, and others.The procedure for M&A deals involves the careful preparation of a large array of accompanying documents, executed at a high professional legal level. The routine daily process requires a lot of time and effort.
To simplify the tasks of accounting and optimize the teamwork of employees during M&A deals, you need to use modern software. With the help of innovative solutions, like Virtual Data Room, organizations can easily solve complex problems of financial document management, receive and process the information on time.
www.virtual-data-room.org are modern, high-performance solutions for managing business transactions and secure teamwork.
How does it work?
The main advantage of the Data Room management system is its multitasking. The software allows you to fully control the space of the company’s internal document flow and organize external legally significant data exchange with contractors.
Data Room software performs the following tasks for operation financial data during M&A transactions:
- ensuring more effective management through automated control of implementation, transparency of the entire organization at all levels;
- support of the quality control system following international norms;
- support for a system of effective accumulation, management, and access to information and knowledge. Ensuring staff flexibility through the greater formalization of each employee and the ability to preserve the entire history of its activities;
- optimization of business processes and automation of the mechanism of their implementation and control;
What are the benefits?
Data Room solution has the following benefits in organizing business processes:
- Secure and flexible access system. Data Room ensures separation of access rights in the database, for example, by organizations, as well as restrictions on Internet access for individual users, automatic transfer of access rights to the head, control of employee operations, the ability to delegate rights. You can also encrypt individual files for specific users.
- Extensive technical capabilities. You can work with the program through various browsers, mobile applications, “private cloud”. There is a convenient built-in e-mail client with the ability to participate in emails on the principle of incoming and outgoing documents. Built-in standard and streaming scanning plus a program to recognize and convert PDF files to Word. Barcoding of documents, encryption, and signing with an electronic signature, etc. is supported.
- Reasonable price for a full-featured product. The main feature of Data Room is their high flexibility and lower cost compared to traditional information systems. The software kit includes all configuration options at no extra charge.
- Simplifying collaboration for teams. When working in the cloud, it makes no sense to constantly send each other new versions of documents – they are always available in the most recent version. And any change that anyone makes will instantly be seen by the entire team working on the material.